Designing for Operational Efficiency
A leading regional financial institution
Recently adopted and emerging regulations required the use and reporting of accurate, verifiable, and relevant data to regulators regarding key business operations. However, variances in the collection, storage, and processing of data by disparate business units resulted in data quality issues for the institution. The client lacked a sustainable and validated system of record for customer information, which resulted in increased regulatory scrutiny and operational risk across the institution for areas that utilized the data (client profitability, management reporting, regulatory reporting, etc.).
The objective of this project was to implement a technology solution for customer and product data that demonstrates high data quality and enables consistent and seamless integration to multiple data sources for a comprehensive data view and efficienct mapping to regulatory requirements
What We Did
- Planned, managed, and executed multi-disciplinary process analyses to identify key transactional processes and all customer and product data stores.
- Developed and institutionalized new processes to help discover and resolve data quality issues.
- Designed, developed, and implemented a new system representing a voluminous amount of customer and product records to enable efficient mapping and analysis of regulatory requirements.
- Updated existing front-end systems to align with the new data standards and created new dashboards and reports accordingly.
- Developed policies and procedures, trained the trainers on the new data standards and processes, and socialized the project’s goals and benefits to facilitate buy-in within the end-user community.
- Improved internal efficiencies related to document production during internal or regulatory reviews by 70%, producing significant cost savings for the client.
- The new bird’s eye view also provided management the ability to discover and expose previously unknown relationships useful in making key strategic decisions and driving growth and profitability.
- Reconciled organizational and structural differences between various product, customer, and organization entity definitions, enabling complete, accurate, and reliable reports compliant with regulatory requirements.
Managed services designed to simplify compliance while
retaining efficiency and effectiveness.
How can Compliance Core help you?
Strengthen your organization’s compliance programs, reduce incidents of non-compliance, and build a framework to monitor risk.
What can you do with Compliance Core?
Let us show you how to gain the insight needed to assess and manage compliance risk and complexity at scale.