Optimizing Incentive Compensation Plans and Processes
A national financial institution
Given the variety of activities engaged in by our Client, and the number and range of employees who are in a position to assume significant risk, our Client needed to review their incentive compensation program and processes against interagency regulatory guidance.
The objective of this project was to assess the Client’s incentive compensation practices to ensure risk-appropriate incentive compensation program that accords with the Heightened Standards and Interagecny Guidance on Sound Incentive Compensation Practices.
What We Did
- Conducted a comprehensive gap analysis of the client’s incentive compensation plans against regulatory expectations focusing on methods used to link compensation and risk, identification of key employees, and governance.
- Refined and improved policies and procedures for risk management processes and controls that reinforce balance between risks and results.
- Developed recommendations to guide the organization in fine-tuning their compensation arrangement practices consistent with regulatory expectations.
- Significantly reduced regulatory compliance and legal risks by improving documentation of the processes and controls associated with the design of our client’s compensation arrangements.
- Improved the maturity and sustainability of the client’s compensation practices.
- Saved the client regulatory enforcement actions.
How can Compliance Core help you?
Strengthen your organization’s compliance programs, reduce incidents of non-compliance, and build a framework to monitor risk.
What can you do with Compliance Core?
Let us show you how to gain the insight needed to assess and manage compliance risk and complexity at scale.